This workshop is designed to help the participants to become empowered to support their treatment of their anxiety and/or depression with Yoga practices meant to meet the needs of their emotional state at any moment or day. This practice is an empowering reminder that we have the innate ability to heal ourselves within our own beings.
This workshop is for beginner to advanced Yoga practitioners. Some previous Yoga experience is recommended but not necessary.
- Briefly address a wide-range of diagnoses such as dysthymia, anxiety-based depression, situational, & bi-polar disorder, in order to introduce the Yogic perspective on mental health
- Discuss the possibilities of combinations of anxiety and depression in the body and/or mind, and how Yoga can help.
- Meditation practices to provide Inner Peace in body, mind, and spirit
- Education on how specific breathing practices can help soothe anxiety and depression depending on which is prominent for the individual
- Gentle Yoga postures to address the physiology of emotional health and how it shows up in the body
Guided deep relaxation. When the body is in a relaxed state, healing can occur at many levels.
Amy Sellitti is an E-RYT 500hr Yoga Teacher and C-IAYT. She completed her 1000-hrs this year to become a C-IAYT (Certified Yoga Therapist). Amy teaches group classes and works privately with individuals through-out New Haven County. Amy has completed courses in Functional Yoga Therapy, Yoga for Depression and Anxiety, Trauma informed Yoga, Yoga for Grief relief, Yoga for Chronic pain, and more.
Early Bird: $30
Day Of: $35 Register Here