Margot Broom, Tobie Schuerfeld, Verred Hamenahem and other celebrated Breathing Room teachers will be your guides for the inspiring and educational experience that is the 200 Hr Living Yoga Teacher Training. Asana, alignment, creative sequencing, philosophy and anatomy are just a few topics that will be presented throughout this intensive training that runs June 22-July 28. This is a 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified training.
Teacher trainees receive 50% off class cards/memberships during the training. Graduates qualify for community teaching opportunities at Breathing Room immediately upon certification.
Techniques, Training and Practice in:
- The Chakra System
- Communication skills: group dynamic, time management, establishment of boundaries and priorities
- How to address specific needs of individuals to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation and assistance
- Teaching styles
- Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- Responsibility, respect understand appreciation vrs. appropriation
- Sequencing and theming a class
Anatomy and Physiology:
- Human physical anatomy
- Bodily systems, organs etc.
- Energy anatomy
- Application to yoga practice
- Benefits, contraindication, healthy movement patterns
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics for Yoga Teachers:
- Study of The Yoga Sutras of Pantajali
- In-depth study of the Yamas and Niyams
- Concepts of Dharma
- Study of The Four Agreements
- Ethics for yoga teachers and practitioners
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being in service to others
- Practice teaching
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching
- Assisting students
Weekend 1: June 22-23
Weekend 2: June 29-30
10 Days: July 8-17
Weekend 3: July 27-28
Daily schedule runs 8am-6pm
TUITION Register Here
Early Bird (Pay in full by May 1): $2,850
Standard (Pay in full by start of training): $3,200
Payment Plan: $3,500
To learn more, email email@example.com.
To fill out an application, click below!